Sunday 16 December 2018

Magazine - Typeface

In response to my research, it was important to use a typeface that was considered to be neutral and one that held no association to the findings that were explored in the essay. 

To find typefaces, I used Adobe Typekit and searched the word neutral. Not many came up, so I referred back to my findings and used the filters of sans serif, thin weight and low contrast. I tried them in all of the different weights so that throughout the development process of the magazine designing I could test to see which one worked the best. I also worked on some type manipulation to see if parts of the letters could be removed so that all associations even to the typeface were removed in attempt to make completely neutral. 

Typefaces:
Univia Pro
Raleway
Seravek
Lane
Avenir Next






Final decision (used unless a particular project had a typeface that helped to build up the visual identity more effectively)

Title: Univia Pro Black 
Front cover/contents/title text: Univia Pro Light



No comments:

Post a Comment